CAIIB providing advanced knowledge to bankers, necessary for better decision making covering International Banking, Risk Management, Treasury Management, Bank Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, Economic Analysis, Human Resource Management etc
- IIBF Members first they should clear JAIIB Examination
- Membership subscription should not be in arrears.
- Advanced Bank Management 2. Bank Financial Management
Elective Papers (Candidates to choose any one of their Choice)
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial advising
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
There is no exemption in any of the above subject/s for prior qualification/s.
CAIIB – PASSING CRITERIA:
- Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
- Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination.
CAIIB Exam – TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh.
- Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for First attempt.
Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
CAIIB-PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:
(i) Question Paper will contain 100 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/ case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
(ii) The examination will be held in Online Mode only
(iii) There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
(iv) Questions for the examination will be asked for: (vi) Knowledge testing (vi) Problem solving (ii) Conceptual grasp
(vii) Case analysis
(viii) Analytical/ logical exposition
CAIIB- DURATION OF EXAMINATION: The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRES: a) Examination will be conducted on pre-announced dates published on IIBF Web Site. Institute conducts examination on half yearly basis, however periodicity of the examination may be changed depending upon the requirement of banking industry. b) List of Examination centers will be available on the website. (Institute will conduct examination in those centers where there are 20 or more candidates.)
- The Institute also reserves to itself the right to vary the syllabus/ rules/ fee structure from time to time. Any alterations made will be notified from time to time.
- Further, questions based on current developments in banking and finance may be asked. Candidates are advised to refer to financial newspapers/ periodicals more particularly “IIBF VISION” and “BANK QUEST” published by the Institute
COMPULSORY PAPER – I: ADVANCED BANK MANAGEMENT
MODULE – A
MODULE – B:
MODULE – C:
MODULE – D:
COMPULSORY PAPER – II: BANK FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
MODULE – A:
MODULE – B:
MODULE – C:
MODULE – D:
ADMIT LETTER OF EXAMINATIONS:
Admit letter to all eligible candidates will be emailed to the candidates in their email id registered with the Institute, 10 days before the examination date.
Admit letter of all eligible candidates will be hosted on Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in under the menu ‘Exam Related’, 1 week before the examination date.
For downloading and printing of admit letter from the above mentioned website, candidates will have to enter the following:
Candidates are required to produce printed copy of admit letter along with Membership identity card or any other valid photo ID card in original (Aadhaar card/ Employer’s card/ e-Aadhaar/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Election voter’s card/ Passport etc.) at the examination venue. e. In the absence of printed copy of Admit Letter and Photo Identity Card, candidates will be denied permission to write Examination.
MOBILE PHONES a. Mobile phones and other electronic/ smart gadgets (except calculator as permissible) are not allowed in the examination hall. It is clarified that mere possession of mobile phone and other electronic/ smart gadgets in the examination hall whether in switch off mode or silent mode shall also be deemed to be resorting to adoption of unfair means in the examination.
USE OF CALCULATOR a. Candidates will be allowed to use battery operated portable calculator in the examination. The calculator can be of any type up to 8 functions i.e. (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Percentage, Sq.-root, Tax+ and Tax -), 12 digits. b. Attempt to use any other type of calculator not complying with the specifications indicated above or having more features than mentioned above shall tantamount to use of unfair means. Scientific calculator is not allowed. 4. OTHER
- Candidates should ensure that they sign the Attendance Sheet.
- Candidates are advised to reach the Examination Venue before the reporting time mentioned in the admit letter. No candidate/s will be permitted to enter the Examination Venue after the gate closing time mentioned in the admit letter.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination venue in the first 60 minutes from the scheduled start time of the examination.
- Candidates should occupy the seat mentioned against each subject in the Admit letter.
- Candidates would be able to login to the system only with the password mentioned in this Admit Letter. This password should not be disclosed to others. Keep it safe to avoid the possible misuse.
- If the examination could not commence on scheduled time or there is delay due to Failure of power, Technical snag of whatsoever nature or for any such reason having bearing upon the conduct of examination; candidates have to:
- Wait till resumption of power supply/ solving of technical snag.
- Take-up the examination at other venue arranged by the examination conducting authority. iii. Follow instructions given by the examination conducting authority.
- Candidates are required to strictly follow all the instructions given by the examination conducting authority during the examination and adhere to Rules of the examination.
- Violation of any of the Rules/ Instructions, misuse of the Admit Letter will be considered to be an act of serious misconduct and the Institute will take action as per the Rules of the examination, which will also be reported to the employer of the candidate.
RULES, PENALTIES FOR MISCONDUCT/ UNFAIR PRACTICES:
- Communication of any sort between candidates or with outsiders is not permitted and complete silence should be maintained during the examination.
- Copying answers from other candidates/ other printed/ Electronic material or permitting others to copy or consultation of any kind will attract the rules relating to unfair practices in the examination.
- No candidate shall impersonate others or allow others to impersonate himself/ herself at the examination.
- No candidate shall misbehave/ argue with the Examination Conducting Authorities at the centre. e. Candidates have to compulsory return any papers given including that given for rough work to invigilator.
- Candidates should not possess and/ or use books, notes, periodicals, etc. in the examination hall at the time of examination/ or use mathematical tables, slide rules, stencils etc. during the examination.
If any candidate violates any of the above rules, it will be considered to be an act of misconduct and he/she will be liable for punishment.
PLEASE REFER IIBF INSTITUTE’S WEBSITE UNDER THE MENU “EXAM RELATED” FOR DETAILS OF DEBARMENT PERIOD FOR UNFAIR PRACTICES ADOPTED BY CANDIDATES DURING CONDUCT OF INSTITUTE’S EXAMINATIONS.
RESULT ADVICE/ CONSOLIDATED MARKSHEET/ FINAL CERTIFICATE
- Result Advice of candidates will be hosted on Institute’s website on declaration of result, which can be downloaded by the candidates.
- Consolidated mark sheet for candidates completing examination having more than one subject, will be available on the Institute’s website after the declaration of results. Candidates can download the same after entering login credentials using their membership number and edit profile password.
- Final certificate: Digitally Signed Certificate will be issued to the candidates who have enrolled and passed the examination. The Certificate will be emailed to the email-id of the candidate registered with the Institute, within 3 weeks from the date of declaration of result.
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (MCQS) AND ANSWERS
“The Institute conducts its examinations through Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). These MCQs are part of the Question Bank of the Institute and its Intellectual Property. As a matter of policy, these MCQs and their answers will not be shared by the Institute with the candidates or others and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.”